In addition to the national rules governing membership and qualifications, the following shall hold:
- Enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Oregon in the fields of accounting, finance, and/or operations & business analytics (OBA).
- Persons temporarily absent due to internships or overseas study will remain members but will be classified under an inactive status for reporting purposes unless they are able to fulfill all member or pledge requirements for the quarter(s) they are absent.
- Until persons have met certain requirements, they are considered to be pledges. Pledges are entitled to comment on, but not vote on, all matters before the Chapter.
- Pledges must complete/attend the following in order to become a member:
- Have completed or be enrolled in ACTG 213, with the intention to complete an upper division accounting course by the end of the first membership term.
- Hold a University of Oregon cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Hold an Accounting GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), including lower division accounting classes. Requirements for transfer students will be based on the courses taken at prior colleges/universities.
- Attend a minimum of 6 professional events per quarter.
- Devote a minimum of 5 hours to chapter-sponsored service activities.
- Pay the chapter and national pledge/initiation fee with a one time $100 fee.
- Attend an initiation ceremony before the current members of the Chapter. Pledge initiation will be held quarterly following completion of the pledge requirements and only after grades from the previous quarter have been verified.
If, for any reason, an applicant believes he/she cannot meet these requirements due to unusual circumstances or has not been accepted for membership, he/she may appeal in writing to the Executive Committee.